Types of Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can happen when you are running, walking or simply standing on a sidewalk. Whether you are hit by a car, motorcycle, bus or truck, your injuries are likely to be much more serious than those you might sustain if you were inside a vehicle that has been struck.
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident in New York or New Jersey, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Attorney Peter Briskin is an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer. He and his team can make a big difference in how successful you are at obtaining the money you deserve.
Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Accidents
Being hit by a moving vehicle, even one traveling at a slow speed, can lead to very serious injuries and possibly even death. When you’re hit by a vehicle, your body has no protection and can end up with injuries such as:
- Broken bones that may need extensive surgery, rehabilitation or even amputation
- Head injuries, which may lead to brain damage or skull fractures
- Neck injuries causing whiplash, severe pain or disc damage and fractured vertebrae
- Back injuries, which could involve disc damage, vertebral fractures or even spinal cord damage accompanied by life-long chronic pain
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to joints or connective tissue such as shoulder or knee joint injuries requiring surgical intervention
What to Expect from a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
When you have sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, it’s important to get immediate medical attention. This gives you the best chance of recovering from your injuries, and it can also make it more likely you’ll be successful in obtaining compensation.
When you contact the Law Office of Peter Briskin, you’ll be asked some questions in order to prepare your case, such as:
- Can you provide details on how the accident happened?
- What type of vehicle was involved and are you able to identify the driver?
- Were there any witnesses?
- Can you describe the location where you were struck?
- Did you need medical treatment at a hospital? When did this happen? Which hospital did you go to? Were you taken by ambulance?
- Did you require surgery? Are you still undergoing any treatments or are you seeking treatment?
- What doctors have been involved in your treatment?
- Has the accident impacted your ability to work?
This is an example of some of the questions you may be asked. Each case is different, and our legal team is professionally trained to thoroughly evaluate your case and advise you on the next steps you should take.
Who Pays for My Medical Expenses?
Who pays for medical expenses that occur from a pedestrian accident? The bills from hospitals, doctors, ambulances and physical therapists can pile up very quickly. Medical expenses may sometimes be covered by your own insurance company, depending on your policy and the state of your residence. Equally important, you may be able to sue for lost wages as well as pain and suffering with the guidance of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
When your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or carelessness, you deserve to be compensated. Contact our team of expert pedestrian accident attorneys to go over the details of your case. There is no charge for a consultation, and we will be happy to meet you at the hospital or at your home or office. Call us today.