Several truck accidents lead to severe injuries and fatalities due to the enormous size difference between conventional passenger vehicles and trucks. And these injuries might not just lead to lifelong health issues but also make one lose their earning capacity, incur costly medical bills and result in endless suffering and pain.
Did you or anyone you know got severely injured due to a truck accident? If yes, then you must consult a truck accident lawyer for a no-obligation and free legal consultation. They have all the know-how about the devastation which typically takes place after a truck accident. Hence, they are committed to fighting your legal case diligently so that you get the share of compensation that you deserve, irrespective of the injury that you’ve undergone. To know more, you can connect with the best truck accident lawyer in Texas | Ben Dominguez law firm.
The Injuries Resulting From A Truck Accident
Usually, most people suffer from brain injuries after they have encountered a truck accident. The force-generating from a vehicle collision that weighs tons more than a car often causes the vehicle occupant to thrust forward abruptly to the steering wheel or dashboard. At times the occupant’s seat belts might avert this from taking place. However, the sudden and rash shaking might alone be sufficient to result in a severe injury.
- Traumatic brain injury – Such injuries might be an outcome of direct trauma on the head or from a quick deceleration or acceleration. The common types of brain injuries occurring from a truck accident come with ample life-changing effects, comprising personality changes.
- Subdural hematoma – This type of brain injury is an outcome of severe head injury. It starts when the blood gets collected between the surface and covering of the brain, resulting in the blood filling up the brain fast and compressing the brain tissue.
- Concussion – It’s a particular type of traumatic brain injury. It generally takes place after one has faced a blow on the head. It also occurs after any harsh jolt from the collision. It can result in consciousness loss and disorientation.
All the brain injuries are different from one another. Some common symptoms are:
- Vision issues
- Mood swings
- Confusion and disorientation
- Problem in balancing
- Memory issues
- Unrelenting headaches
Back And Spinal Cord Injuries
Generally, such injuries are severe and often lead to chronic pain. There is also a requirement for ongoing medical treatment. Some common back and spinal cord injuries comprise of the following:
- Paralysis – The spinal cord injuries can lead to total or partial paralysis, based on the injury spot. Often the patient requires lifelong care after they have witnessed the injury that led to paralysis.
- Spinal cord injury – Here, the spinal cord might get damaged and lead to loss of sensation or strength.
- Back injuries – The soft tissues or bones on the back can get injured after a truck accident.
- Compression fractures – The fractures in the spine can take place after a truck accident because of the trauma caused to the region
- Herniated disc – The effect of a truck crash can result in the cushion sheet between the spinal discs bulging, resulting in acute pain.
Simply put, whiplash is an injury that occurs on the soft tissues present in the neck. Usually, it takes place once the neck gets thrust forward and then snaps backward when there is a sudden stop. Such motions are very common in truck accidents. And this injury might be severe and need prolonged and continuous treatment. The symptoms of whiplash include:
- Stiffness in shoulders and neck
- Pain in shoulders or neck
- Restricted motion range in the neck
If you think that you or anyone you know might be suffering from whiplash or any other type of injury after a truck accident, they need to seek medical attention. It is essential to follow the suggestions given by the doctor to reduce the damages caused by the injuries.
Truck accidents can lead to blunt force trauma, which results in fractures in an individual’s body. Any bone in our body can get broken after a truck accident. The usual fractures that occur in a truck accident are:
- Facial bones and skull
You might witness complications in moving the body part that has got fractures and also faces much pain. The fractures should get treated with surgery, casts, and physical therapy.
The internal injuries aren’t always apparent as they don’t show external injury signs. Usually, internal injuries comprise internal bleeding and organ damage. Such injuries are generally a result of blunt force trauma, which occurs when the body gets hit by the car objects, such as the dashboard or steering wheel. The blunt force trauma might also happen when the body gets restrained by the seat belt at the time of a crash. Internal injuries can occur in the body parts like:
The Importance Of Truck Accident Reconstruction
Usually, all truck accidents have dangerous outcomes, from death to severe injuries. Such crashes are one of the devastating accidents that take place on the streets. And if you have decided to file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, you need to investigate the accident to build your case. Hence, it is here that a truck accident reconstruction is essential as it can benefit your case.
Understanding An Accident Reconstruction
The process of accident reconstruction is essential for the collection of data about the accident. It also helps to assess the cause of the accident. Furthermore, the process can provide you with added data to explain all the factors that had led to the accident and how one could have averted it.
Additionally, accident reconstruction can help the truck accident lawyers to decide essential aspects of an accident, like:
- The travel direction
- The speed, time, and position details of the truck in the accident
- The time when the vehicles decelerated and accelerated
- The way the accident occurred
- The speed during the impact point
- The main force directions
- The way the human factors influenced the accident
Accident Reconstruction – How Does It Work?
Simply put, an accident reconstruction expert collects essential evidence about the concerned collision. If they get hired fast, the accident reconstructionist can visit the accident scene and collect crucial evidence, for instance, vehicle damages, photograph the skid marks, and various other details related to the crash.
And if the accident isn’t recent, then the reconstruction expert can assess any images taken at the spot and vehicle damages. The data gets placed in the reconstruction software to evaluate the accident. A few variables that a reconstructionist expert considers are:
- Travel direction
- Vehicle weight
- Road conditions
- Vehicle dimension
- Weather conditions
- Surfaces that the vehicle traveled on
- Braking and steering data
A reconstruction program generates time histories of the vehicle trajectories. And the expert then conducts several experiments that differ the travel angles, speed, and other data till the stimulation tally with physical proof included in the accident.
The crash information gets estimated depending on the crash tests by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration crash tests. The vehicle damage profiles get created so that one can compare the crashed vehicles and images.
The accident reconstruction expert needs to have precise data concerning the resting vehicle positions for the simulation to be accurate concerning the vehicle speed and motion after the impact. Usually, it’s the law enforcement officer responding to the concerned accident scene who makes such measurements. Else, an investigator from a trucking organization visits the scene and does the same job.
Why Is It Essential To Prove Negligence?
Certain states are marked as fault-insurance. It means that the party at fault is accountable for all the damages they caused to the truck collision. And even before an injured party recovers the damage compensation they sustained, they need to prove that the other person was guilty for the accident due to their reckless action or negligence.
You can prove negligence by highlighting that another driver was:
- Speeding during the accident
- Following very close
- Impaired by alcohol, drugs, over-the-counter or prescription medication
You might also prove that they weren’t following the traffic rule and failed to yield “right-of-way.” Here an expert truck accident lawyer can assist you in establishing the negligence of the other party. That way, you can also recover the desired compensation for the accident claim.
It Would Help If You Connected With An Expert Lawyer For More Help
If you or anyone you know have endured a truck accident injury and wants more data about a reconstruction process, it is essential to get in touch with an expert law firm. The best firms provide you with expert truck accident lawyers who will discuss the accident reconstruction process along with various evidence which can help your claim process. These lawyers are experts in managing insurance company negotiations and will work hard to validate your claim along with the proof that you have.