If you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, you’re probably very anxious about how to cover your out-of-pocket medical expenses and how to pay your bills while you’re out of work. You may know that under California law, you’re entitled to collect compensation from the parties responsible for the accident, but you have so many questions about the process and the timetable. The best car accident attorney in Orange County will patiently explain how they are going to help you, giving you the peace of mind you need to heal from your injuries.
Tips To Select The Best Car Accident Attorney
Types Of Car Accident Attorneys
Just like the best hamburgers aren’t necessarily sold by the company with the biggest advertisements on billboards or the loudest television commercials, you’re not going to find the best Orange County car accident attorney by relying on paid advertisements. Very large firms that spend a great deal of money on advertising rarely offer the ideal combination of personal service and aggressive representation. Selecting the best Orange County car accident attorney means finding the one that’s right for your particular case. These are the main types of car accident firms and of cases, they are best for:
- Large Nationally Advertised Law Firm Chain: These firms handle huge volumes of cases and have so many clients that losing a few of them doesn’t make a dent in their bottom line. Expect to wait weeks to get a call back from a paralegal that knows nothing about your case. Your small case can fall through the cracks and your large case might not get the attention it deserves.
- Small And Mid-Size Boutique Firms: Family-owned small and mid-size firms can’t afford to blanket a city with ads, so they depend on referrals to bring in business. This means that they’re willing to go the extra mile to get you great results and to provide an excellent experience.
- Solo Practitioners And Start-ups: You probably don’t want to bring a large case to a sole practitioner or start-up that doesn’t have the resources needed to invest in litigation. That said, you might consider this type of firm if you have a case that’s been rejected by many other firms because it’s too small or too complicated.
Narrowing down the type of firm you’re looking for is a great first step towards finding the best Orange County car accident lawyer to handle your case.
Be Sure To Choose A Specialist
Most personal injury law firms accept a wide variety of personal injury cases, such as the following:
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability, and
That’s why it’s important to ask what percentage of the cases the firm handles are car accident cases. Attorneys that specialize in car accident cases are familiar with the strategies needed to show who’s at fault on the road and have formed relationships with car accident experts, such as:
- Medical Experts: These are doctors or nurses who can testify about your injuries and explain how they were causally related to your car accident.
- Accident Reconstructionist: These experts look at the physical evidence from the crash to develop computer simulations, diagrams, and models that explain the most likely way that the accident happened.
- Highway Safety Experts: These experts are usually engineers that have expertise in the rules, regulations, and laws of the road. They are especially useful for accidents involving trucks because the trucking industry is heavily regulated.
- Financial Experts And Economists: These experts can calculate your losses throughout your lifetime for out-of-pocket medical expenses, lost income, and other financial detriments. These are some of the parameters factored into their calculations:
- Loss of investments,
- Loss of pension benefits,
- Inflation in the cost of medical care, and
- The increased cost of living.
The best car accident attorney in Orange County understands the importance of top-notch experts.
What To Expect From A Car Accident Attorney
The best Orange County car accident attorneys provide a broad range of services for their clients that enhance their cases and help them achieve some peace of mind during the pendency of their case. This starts with turning over all of the paperwork you’ve gotten from hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors for handling before it forms a pile on your desk that hits the ceiling. Next, a thorough investigation of the scene of the accident is launched if there is any dispute about the way it happened. During your initial interview, you’ll tell your attorney about the treatment you’ve already received for your injuries and the medical appointments you have coming up. The best Orange County auto accident attorneys have staff that monitors your medical care, collecting all your reports and bills, and checking them for accuracy. If they notice that an injury you’re claiming is not accurately reflected on your doctor’s report, they’ll call you and/or the doctor for clarification. The lines of communication with the insurance company and the defense attorneys are kept open because an excellent early settlement is a goal; but at the same time, the best car accident attorneys won’t try to sell you on a low-ball offer.
Kevin Crockett is a partner at the personal injury law firm Crockett Law Group. They have offices in both Irvine, CA, and Palm Springs, CA. They serve individuals who were injured due to the negligence of others, such as in car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and wrongful death. Mr. Crockett has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine 3 years in a row. Visit https://crockettlawgroup.com/ for more information.