Knowing that most Social Security Disability claims are denied, should be motivation enough for you to never try and sort these sorts of things out on your own. Those who hire the very able help of reputable lawyers stand a much bigger chance of having their application approved.
If you do go it alone with a disability claim, are you aware of what all is entailed when you believe that you have a mental or physical disability that is preventing you from leading a normal life or even working?
- It all starts with a request for income assistance which is filed with the Social Security Administration.
- There are a number of stages with this claims process – initial, reconsideration, hearing, appeals council hearing, and Federal District Court appeal.
- You will need to fill in an SSDI or SSI application.
- It takes 3 to 5 months for your claim to be denied or approved.
- If denied, you have got 60 days to file for reconsideration. If denied again you can request a hearing so as to argue your case in front of an Administrative Law Judge.
It does not end there, and as you can see, it is an involved, stressful process, and before you apply for any disability benefit there are also a host of documents you need so as to make a successful claim. It is no wonder most people just mercifully hand it all over into the capable hands of an SSD lawyer.
There are very few people who have knowledge of how to prepare a disability case and what all the Social Security rules and regulations are. SSD lawyers have claim experience with a disability case and will know exactly what a judge will be looking for when it comes to asking questions about your particular medical condition.
The most favorable outcome without a Lawyer is slim
Even if you were one of the few disability claimants to win their claim going it on your own, without a lawyer, you can still win, but the chance of getting the most favorable outcome is slimmer.
Disability attorneys know how to present a case in the best light and give advice on your alleged onset date of the disability. Instead of you having to deal with all your doctors etc, your social security disability lawyer will do that for you on your behalf and collect and submit all the appropriate medical evidence, etc, and prepare everything in preparation for the judge at the hearing.
Disability Claims – improve your chances
Do not hesitate to find yourself a good disability attorney for your first free consultation. It can be such a relief handing it all over to them so that they can help you and improve your chances of success and also speed the case up.