Goods and Services Tax regime has been an innovative step by the government to create a transparent and efficient tax system. The use of digital technology helps taxpayers pay GST online in an efficient way. But the GST portal takes an extra step forward to make GST more secure by providing emsigner the digital signature software. Through this software, not only the security of a return filed gets stronger, but it also helps in authenticating the return filed. Filing return of GST on real estate, manufacturing, supplying, or any other field gets more secure with emsigner DSC software. Digital signature has been in use for quite some time now to authenticate crucial documents, and an option from the GST portal to use DSC on tax-related documents has been a welcome move.
A digital signature is basically a digital process of authenticating a document. It’s either a unique alpha-numeric code or it could be connected with an authenticating device such as a fingerprint sensor. The code could be auto-generated, or it could be set in a specific manner. When you “Sign” a document. It creates an encrypted code that is attached to the document. If the document that is” Digitally Signed” is changed or manipulated, then it could no longer remain genuine. There is some digital signature software that helps keep the document remain authentic, and this is done through encryption where the document that is signed digitally cannot be manipulated or tampered with. A more scientific definition for a digital signature is that it is a numeric code or message that is mathematically calculated in the background for verifying the authenticity of a digital signal. There is a difference between a digital signature and an electronic signature. Electronic signature contains just a series of digital codes, whereas the digital signature can be numeric code, or it could be the fingerprint of the user.
A digital signature can be used to authenticate any online document like presentations, charts, templates, worksheets, documents, etc. This is mostly used in professions that need an extra layer of security or deal with sensitive documents like legal firms, finance firms, human resource companies, and various companies that need to keep their data protected. You are in the right place if you are searching for reliable and easy eSignature software for your legal document signature.
Emsigner – The DSC software: Emsigner is a SAS (Software as service) product which is web-based and compatible with GST. It allows the taxpayer to authenticate documents such as returns and other tax-related documents. It is effortless and easy to use software that helps taxpayers add an extra layer of security to their documents. It works on all popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Macintosh. It allows users to create their signatures, workflow, templates, and also helps companies create a user base of different departments to authenticate internal as well as external company documents. It is an efficient software that takes a few seconds to load and can be used as required. It doesn’t require any hardware installation or any separate physical key. It is clean to use, meaning it doesn’t leave any digital footprints on any server that helps keeps it more secure. It is compatible with all top browsers such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. The features that stand out are Time stamping Services, Assisted Template Creation, Watermarking, API integration, White labeling, and vault service. Of these features watermarking and API integration are very useful, watermarking, because it prevents others from claiming the documents to be their own and API integration because it can be integrated with the existing system of an organization or company.
How to file returns using DSC:
- Keep your digital signature ready to access. It could be a software or Digital Sign authenticators like a fingerprint reader or dongle.
- Open GST portal, Click on the “Help” tab, then click “System Requirements.”
- On the next page, there will be three links at the top of the page. Click the 3rd link that is Downloading and Installing the Web Socket Installer. Then click on the “DSC registration” link
- It will open a new page where you will see operating systems “Windows,” “Linux,” and “Macintosh.” Click on the option “Click here to Download” beside the operating system that you use.
- Emsigner software will download on your computer. After the software is finished installing, you will see a desktop icon on your desktop screen. Open and run the software.
- Login to the GST portal and go to Dashboard, and from there, go to the returns page.
- Select “Financial year” and “Return filing period” in the space provided, then click the file GSTR button under the GSTR that you want to file. ( GSTR1, GSTR2A or GSTR3B)
- On the next check details, scroll down and click the “File Return” button.
- On the next page, check the return filing for the GSTR box. A drop-down menu will appear. Select the appropriate option, then click “File with DSC.”
- Emsigner will load, and it will process you forward to file the return using DSC.
- Select the DSC from the dialogue box that will appear, then click “Sign.”
- Enter the password.
- A new page will open that will display a confirmation message stating your return is successfully signed, and the return is filed.
There is no need to go through any complicated procedure to pay GST online with DSC. With the intuitive DSC software that is available online, a safe and secure payment can be made effortlessly. Watermarking returns of GST on real estate can help authenticate the value of the real estate. Likewise, it can help verify other vital documents from different fields of work as well. Overall, using DSC for filing GST returns is an excellent way to keep your documents safe. It helps validate your returns and enables you to create more authority. With the other features, emsigner provides it not only helps in creating an added layer of authenticity, but it will also help create a better brand value. Like the White Labelling feature lets, you create a unique signer page with the logo of your company that will help in reinforcing your brand.