You might encounter a minor car accident, but it can make you severely injured. Any severe car accident which results in a catastrophic injury can often be life-changing. And there are times when recovering from such an accident can take a lifetime. Hence, if another person’s driving negligence causes you to get dangerously injured, you might require professional legal counsel. For this, you might want to get in touch with the lawyers for car accident injury claims.
Understanding The Consequences
There is no particular definition for any catastrophic injuries. However, this term gets reserved for any permanent injury that a person has to endure throughout their lifetime. And such injuries might prevent you from getting back to work and also earning your living. You can term such an injury as a catastrophic injury. And usually, such catastrophic injuries are the ones that leave a permanent mark in your life, such as:
- A long-lasting or permanent psychological or physical disability
- A requirement for end-to-end medical treatment and therapy
- An adverse impact on the life quality
Having said all this, a severe or catastrophic injury can interfere with the way you used to live your life. And such an injury usually prevents you from taking care for the self and stops you from earning a living.
The Types Of Catastrophic Injuries After An Accident
Today, you can classify many injuries as catastrophic. However, there are a few ones that you can categorize as truly catastrophic. They include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries can impact the brain and are highly unpredictable. It cannot just lead to severe physical impairment but also result in emotional and mental disturbances. And some people define its impacts as a complete lost sense of themself, which can lead to severe impediments.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can occur in any part of the spinal cord. And in some serious cases, it can lead to complete or partial paralysis.
Few Other Types Of Catastrophic Injuries Are:
- Organ damage
- Fractured or broken bones
- Serious burns
- Any exposure to harmful toxins or chemicals
The Financial Consequences
It is challenging to overestimate the results of a catastrophic injury. Based on the injury scope, you can require health and home care and get your home arranged based on the physical restrictions. And in addition to the costs of the injuries that are less severe, you will have to witness the requirement of end-to-end medical as well as a therapeutic treatment. Additionally, you might also require to cope with your reduced earning capacity, which might make it impossible for you to work. Each case of a catastrophic car injury is unique, but the financial consequences are always present and huge.
However, if you or someone you know have witnessed a catastrophic injury because of a car accident and a driver’s negligence, you need to get in touch with an expert car accident lawyer. They will guide you to take the necessary steps regarding medical care and help you get the desired compensation for your suffering.